Sunday, April 23, 2006

The spending of money.

I've been on rather a spree lately - partly just because, partly because I needed to.

I spent a bunch of money on stuff to fix up my laundry room - brighten it up and make the cement floor less cold *grin*. So, I'm painting in there and I've put a nice warm rug down. I bought 2 drying racks to lay out blankets and towels and sweaters. And I bought a portable clothing rack to hang winter coats and stuff we don't use that often.

Then came Easter and a lot of chocolate buying *grin*.

Last week I decided that I *really* need to get in shape, at least I really need to improve my cardiovascular system. So, I joined the gym right across from my work. I've never belonged to a gym before. It sounds so... yuppie. "Yes, I'm going to the gym." "I just got back from the gym." "Meet me at the gym." So that's money per month. But it's a necessity. I'm not getting any younger. And when I get home, despite my good intentions, I never seem to use the equipment that's here.

Today, out of necessity, I had to go and buy a new microwave. I figured that, if part of the inside of your microwave has rusted out in one spot, it's time to get a new one. That can't be healthy. So, I bought a stainless steel Sunbeam for $100. There were cheaper ones but they were too "plastic-y". There were more expensive ones, but, as I've mentioned before, I'm a cheap bastard.

Oh, and I bought a new NIC card for the nephew since his seems to be fried.

That's about it for a while, I think. I need to buy paint for the house, flooring, a new tv, a new dryer and a new vaccuum cleaner... but they can wait for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home