Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Parking for dollars...

Click here to see Ridiculous Parking Prices

Call me a cheap bastard (it's been said before - most frequently by me!) but there is NO way I'd spend $500/month to PARK MY CAR!!! Ever! That's my mortgage payment, for pete's sake! Even if I win the $25 million lottery on Friday.... ummm... still no!

I don't have a car right at the moment, but even when I *did* have a car, I took the bus to work. Not, admittedly for ecological reasons, but for cheap bastard reasons. It costs $17.60 for me to take the bus to and from work every week which works out to $3.52 per day. The cheapest parking around here is $5/day and you're lucky to find a spot in that lot. You *could* buy a monthly parking pass, but that's about $90/month. Not to mention the gas you burn driving to and from work every day. Fill up your tank once a week and there's $160 or so for the month. We'll not even talk about insurance. So, you could spend $250 or more per month driving yourself to work. Or you can spend $70.40 to ride the bus.

I'm such a cheap bastard. *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home