Monday, April 17, 2006

Ridiculousness...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006170567,00.html

THIS is just ridiculous! Four adults, six children. Grandmother, her three kids, the one daughter's 5 kids and the other daughter's 1 child. There's no word on why the grandmother (who's only 54 for pity's sake) isn't working, but the oldest daughter doesn't work because she's "suicidal" and therefore needs her mother to take care of her 5 children. The other daughter says she has to babysit all the kids and is therefore too busy to get a job. The youngest daughter works in a clothes shop. 10 people currently living in a 3 bedroom flat - admittedly, very cramped.

So they get offered a 6 bedroom home (I'm assuming from the Housing Authority or whatever). And they *turn it down*!!!! Apparently 'cause it's on the same road as the grandmother's ex-husband. Well, there ya go! Who wants to be living in a house two or three times the size of the apartment you're now living in because your ex-husband lives down the way! It's not to be borne! Besides, grandma feels that she should be offered a *10 bedroom* house.... in the rich part of town... with jacuzzi tub. Well shit, people!!! I'd *love* a 10 bedroom house with a jacuzzi tub, too! So all I have to do is to get my sister to move in with me with her three girls (that's 5 people), my best friend, her son and his gf (that's 8) and... let's see, who else? Oh, my mom and step-dad, I guess. That should do it.

Where do these people get this sense of entitlement? Because you have 10 people in your house you should *have* a 10 bedroom house? I don't think so! To me, you're lucky to have a 3 bedroom flat. Lots of people get by with a lot less and they *work* for it. If I was the youngest daughter, I would run far, run fast and take my paycheque with me. Because you *know* that all her money goes to buy the other sisters liquor and cigarettes (which is horribly stereotypical and probably unfair and I'm going to hell). The point being, as the only one with enough gumption to get a job, she should get the hell out of there before they suck her dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home