Sunday, May 13, 2007

Words from the kidlings

I have a lot of nieces and nephews, but the funniest one seems to be my sister's youngest. She's 5 1/2 and comes out with (to me) the funniest stuff...

Just before Christmas she was lying in bed with her mother and asked her, "Mommy... who was the first baby ever born?"

My sister has, I think, forgotten every Bible story we ever learned so she said "I'm not sure, honey." (It was Abel, according to the Bible).

So my niece thinks about this for a moment and then says. "I think it was Jesus."

My sister says: "Well, if that's what you think, honey, that's fine."

My niece says "Yep. Baby Jesus. And then Auntie BlueBlankie."

Later, my mom says "I think that makes me older than God."


Then, just this past Friday, my mom was picking my niece up from daycare. A girl that my sister and I grew up with was going in as they were coming out. This girl said to my mom "You have a happy Mother's Day."

My niece looked at my mother and said "Why did she say that? You're not a mother!"

My mom said "Yes, I am!"

My niece looks at her kind of sideways and says "Well... you're a really *old* one!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

where are ya woman? are you hibernating? email meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home