Friday, June 17, 2005

They're All Gonna Laugh at You!

So... bad, bad movie lover that I am, I've never seen "Carrie" through from beginning to end. I'm not a big Stephen King fan to begin with. I think I've read... 2? of his stories all the way through. I did read a bunch of short stories and they were ok.

But the roomie is a Stephen King freak. She's read everything that he's ever written and seen every theatrical movie and TV movie ever made of his stuff. As a result, I'm trying to get all of his stuff on DVD for her - hence "Carrie". Sissy Spacek, Amy Irving, William Katt, Nancy Allen, even John Travolta and Edie McClurg *grin*.

But the absolute best HAS to be Piper Laurie. Not only is the woman gorgeous, but that voice! and the Talent-with-a-capital-T. You have to be on your toes to go up against this woman and not get blown off the screen. You can *see* her flood with power and... presence...

If you haven't seen it lately, I would suggest watching it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Y'know, I don't think I've seen Carrie all the way through either ... and i've seen most of the King flicks, such as they are ... two words - pet sematary ... *shudder*

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home