Monday, July 04, 2005

Work, Work, Work...

Ok, I work, on contract, as a computer geek. I don’t *want* to be on contract. In fact, I hate being on contract. I hate the uncertainty; I hate having no benefits at all; I hate the fact that I could be fired on a whim with two weeks notice. Although I suppose that’s true on any job.

I like my job. I’m good at my job. I like the people that I work with and I like the challenges that are everywhere in this company.

What really pisses me off is Madam Cranky over here in the corner. Our group was actually outsourced from one company to another. It’s been a long transition, but everyone finally seems to be settling in. Except Madame Cranky.

She doesn’t like her job. She didn’t interview for this job. How can they put her in this job when she has no training. Her boss hates her. She hates her boss. Why should she have to do a job description? Why should she have to do training to be backup for other people on her team? She’s not technical. Where did she mislead everyone that she wanted to do this job?

SHUT THE F*&^ UP!!!

Your old job is GONE! Get over it! Things will never, ever be the same again!! Do they pay you every two weeks? Do you have money for your mortgage? Do you have benefits? If you don’t like it – THEN QUIT!! Find something stupid and mindless that you DO like to do and LEAVE!!

(Oh, I can’t do that! I have 20 years in with this company… what if they’ll give me a package?)
You’ve been waiting for a package for 2YEARS! They’re not going to give you one! So get over it and quit!! You want to keep this job? Suck it up! The rules have changed and this isn’t Kansas anymore. Adapt or die! You must now follow THEIR rules – you must do what THEY say! Don’t like it? Quit. Gonna stay? SHUT UP!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*sigh* ... i'm beginning to think i am Madame Cranky in the corner ... waiting for something that's never going to happen ... *sigh*

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home