Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Gay Marriage in Canada

Canada passed Same Sex Marriage legislation last night, despite a lot of intolerant rhetoric from the right.

I was talking to a friend - she said she never, in her wildest dreams, thought that she would see this in her lifetime. I don't have the history with the gay movement that she does - I didn't even know that Monday was the anniversary of the Stonewall riots.

Whatever reason the MPs are voting for this bill - contituent pressure, personal belief, not wanting it to be an issue in the next election , I don't care. They passed it.

I'm so proud of my country. Anyone who wants to come on over, I think we have lots of room.

And we won't even make you say "eh".

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Hi Blue Blankie. I just wanted to let you know that you do have a great country. I only hope that we Americans can return to being a part of the solution and not the problem someday.

In the meantime, I like your blog a lot, and I hope you don't mind that I linked to it over on mine.

Have a good day!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home