Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jobs, jobs, everywhere there's jobs...

So, I work on contract as a computer geek. The place that I work for has a rule - no contracts can go longer than 2 years. Seems they may have gotten burnt by a lawsuit a while ago forcing them to reimburse for benefits etc. so that's where the rule comes from.

Anyway, you *can* evidently work longer, but your boss has to get special permission. I waited and waited and waited... nothing. No word about a new contract, no word if it was up. But, there was no one traing to do my job. So that was good. But no word from the boss. That was bad. And to make matters worse, I had to take 3 days off for reasons that still piss me off to talk about.

Upshot of the deal, after a month of pins and needles and a few days of outright anxiety as to whether or not I had a job... I have a job.

Thank god. The mortgage people don't like it when you don't give them money every month. And I really didn't feel like sleeping a lot from lack of food.

So, in celebration, I went out today and spent $130 on groceries. It makes me happy when the fridge and cupboards are full.

Oh, and Jodie (the girl who won't date me) and I are staying in this weekend to make and eat lasagne, drink beer and maybe go to a movie...

Life is pretty good at the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Udge said...

Sounds like a good result, and a good weekend. Enjoy.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home