Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Academy Awards

Nominations came out today and here, for posterity, are my predictions. (I haven't seen any of the performances or movies *grin*):

Supporting Actress:

I'm gonna go with Rachel Weisz in The Constant Gardener. She's won the Golden Globe and the Screen Actor's Guild.

Supporting Actor:

Paul Giamatti for Cinderella Man ... George Clooney for Syriana... Paul... George... I'm gonna go with George Clooney. He won't win for Director or Movie or Screenplay, so I'm gonna give him supporting actor.

Writing (Adapted Screenplay):

Larry McMurtry & Diana Ossana for Brokeback Mountain.

Writing (Original):

Paul Haggis & Bobby Moresco for Crash.

Animated Feature Film:

Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit because I just LOVE these two *grin*.

Actor in a Leading Role:

Toughie... it's kind of a toss-up between Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix. I'm going to go with Philip Seymour Hoffman cause they have to acknowledge the gays somehow *grin*.

Actress in a Leading Role:

Felicity Huffman or Reese Witherspoon... this one is almost worse than the actor category. See, they both won Golden Globes, Huffman for drama and Witherspoon for comedy or musical. But then Witherspoon won the Screen Actor's Guild award over Huffman for best actress. That, however, could have been because they voted for Huffman for Desperate Housewives and didn't want her to have two... hmmmmm... I'm gonna say... you know what? I'm gonna say Huffman. Felicity Huffman for best actress. Besides, she gives terrific acceptance speeches *grin*.

Director:

Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain. I don't even have to think twice about this one. He won the Golden Globe and, I believe, the Director's Guild Award.

Best Picture:

Brokeback Mountain or Crash. The voters *might* be getting a little sick of the "gay cowboy movie". And, from the buzz, Crash is a wonderful, complex, thought-provoking film. Not that Brokeback isn't, but.... I'm going with Crash.


Hopefully I get a few of these right *grin*. I'll probably get most of 'em wrong. But if I put 'em down then I can remember what my original predictions were *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home