Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ever feel like an antelope?

We have a dog and two cats. And yes, we feed them the leftovers when we're done eating.

Tonight, so that I didn't have to cook, we ordered a family chicken dinner thing. It's a whole chicken cut up into quarters, four sides and four buns. $26 including delivery. I ordered online, got my confirmation for 7:03 PM and a guaranteed 40 minute delivery time which was good cause I was *starving*. I have a bad habit of not eating anything all day except coffee and Certs. Sometimes I'll have toast or a bagel, but not often.

Anyway, at 8:07 I called. "Hey, where's my food, it's been an hour."

"Oh, ma'am. Can you hold on for a moment?" Hold. Hold. Hold. Hold.

"Ma'am? I just talked to the restaurant and they said that it was just going out. However, there will be no charge for your order tonight, since it is so late."

"Oh... all right then. Thank you very much." Hey! Excellent Valentine's Day present for me! No charge on the dinner and everybody eats!

8:43 PM Still no food.

8:55 PM Still no food.

9:00 PM Still no food.

"Hello? Hi, yeah, I'm calling to check where my food is? It's been two hours."

"Oh no! I'm going to put you straight through to customer service."

"Hello, this is customer service, may I have your phone number? What can I do for you?"

"Well, I'm waiting for my food and it's been 2 hours."

"Oh no! I do apologize. There should be no reason for that. Can you hold for a moment?" Hold. Hold. Hold. Hold. Hold. Hold.

"Hi, Blue. I just talked to the restaurant and they said that it went out 10 minutes ago."

"Thanks, but that's what they said an hour ago."

"I know, and I do apologize. I'm very sorry that your order is so late. I think they mentioned the last time that you called that tonights order would be free of charge?"

"Yes, they did say that."

"Well, what I'm going to do is put a further $26 dollar credit on your account so you can order another Family Pack free of charge. And again, I do apologize."

"Ok... well... thank you very much."

10 minutes...

15 minutes...

20 minutes...

Phone is in the hand....

*DING DONG*

Thank god!!!

I am *SO* hungry at this point that I believe that I ate a quarter chicken, a truckload of fries and a bun in about 15 minutes. Then I turn to look at the roomie. She's sitting in the middle of the couch, plate on her lap, with the dog and both cats planted on the floor directly in front of her, staring intently.

I looked at them and looked at her and said "Do you ever feel like you're an antelope?"

She looked at them and looked at me and said "Oh most definitely. If I don't throw them a flamingo, I'm going to be torn apart."

So, we threw them a flamingo. (leftover chicken)

And all is now tranquil in our household.

1 Comments:

Blogger Udge said...

Very funny, it's only the opposable thumb that has kept us at the top of the food chain.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home