Friday, April 28, 2006

New Furniture

I got home from working out last night and started cleaning my kitchen. Then my cell phone rang. It was Jodie, the girl-who-won't-date-me. Her neighbour across the way has just put a couch and a loveseat out by the curb for garbage pickup. She asked me did I want them? The neighbour even offered to throw them on his trailer and bring them over for me.

Well, considering that I have bought exactly... ummm... NONE of the furniture in my living-room and considering the fact that I'm a cheap bastard, I said "Sure! I'll take 'em!" Then I took a quick look around my house and thought "This place is a disaster!" I do a really, really quick clean and tidy, yell upstairs at the boy that his muscles will soon be required and wait for my "new" furniture.

It's sort of a pale green... kinda sage. And of course, it doesn't go with the rug that I have on my floor (which has mostly blue and black in it). But it looks a crap-load better and is way more comfortable than the ugly brown and peach coloured, flowered, 20 year old monstrosity that was previously sitting in my living room.

Now I just have to buy a new rug, paint some walls, get rid of the ugly blue couch and buy another couch in a complimentary colour to the sage.

God, I might be becoming a grown-up. *shudder*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home