Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tom Cruise rant

I never liked the man. I've never liked his movies (except Top Gun and that was cause Kelli McGillis was in it). I've never gone out of my way to see one of his movies, ever. And I quite frankly hated "The Last Samurai".

I was watching "The Actors Studio" today and they were doing a retrospective of the last 10 years and they had Tom Cruise asking James Lipton his "famous questions". (I'll put 'em at the end in case you don't know them.) Anyway Tom Cruise is just so... god, so *something* but I don't know what it is. So falsely earnest, so polite, so emphatic, so... I dunno. But I just don't like him. It's a "not like" verging on "hate".

Even before the proselytizing for Scientology and the "excercise and vitamins can cure post-partum depression" and psychiatry is a bad, bad thing, he just struck me as manipulative.

Now he's got Katie and she's pregnant with his baby and doesn't he just have the perfect life and it's all due to Scientology. I'm sorry, but here's the question for me: Tommy has been married twice before - no kids with the first wife but she was pregnant soon after she remarried. No biological children with the second wife - they adopted two. According to rumours I've read (which, being rumours, may or may not be true) second wife had a miscarriage just before they split up.

Now: how come, all of a sudden, Katie's pregnant with his baby? He was in a 10 year marriage where he couldn't be bothered giving his wife a biological child, but this chick, that he's been dating for a few months, is worthy? Not buying it. Not buying it at all.

One of the best jokes I heard on the season premiere of "Will and Grace" went something like "It's incomprehesible! It's convoluted! Kind of like the contract they make you sign when you marry Tom Cruise."

Says it all for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home