Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelting!

Ok, I don't hate summer. I prefer the fall or winter, but summer's not too bad. Until this past week.

We've had about a week of 90 degree temperatures - or at least it feels like 90. Or 100. I'm not too good with the conversion from Celcius to Farenheit.

We don't have central air in our house. We haven't even put in a window air-conditioner for the last few summers because it hasn't really seemed necessary. It was never hot enough, for long enough, to make the effort worthwhile. The fans we have around the house seemed to be good enough to keep us cool.

Until this past week.

This has been BRUTAL! I haven't been too bad off because I "get" to go to work where it's almost cold enough to require a sweater. And I have a fan at night that blows right on me and keeps me cool enough to allow me to sleep. But the roomie and the boy have really suffered the last couple of days. The air is thick enough to swim through and it's not moving at all.

Today I went and bought two more fans at Wal-Mart - little ones, but they are definitely moving things around. I swear it's gone down 10 degrees in here in the hour since we turned them on.

Right now, I'm living for Thursday when a thunderstorm should get things down to a "comfortable" 80 degrees...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i miss you. are we ever gonna catch up again? i know it's mainly my fault cos i keep sleeping in and then needing to go to the gym ... but i don't know what to do ... *sigh*

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home