Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We decided that we were going to have the boy over for dinner. As his friend was sitting here at the time, we said that the boy's friend (Son #2) could come for dinner, too. I invited Jodie-the-girl-who-won't-date-me to come because we had some work to do over the weekend anyway.

So, Saturday rolls around, and I wake up with the WORST chest infection! I mean, I couldn't catch my breath for nothing! Walking up the stairs made me have to sit and breath for 5 minutes before I could function again. I'm feeling like absolute crap! Fortunately, I had some antibiotics lying around so I took those.

Then the boy calls... would it be ok if he brought his girlfriend over for dinner, too? Uh, sure honey, no problem. Bring her along! (Keep in mind that we have not yet MET this girl).

Jodie calls and says "Are we still on for tonight?" I say we sure are, and would you mind running me to the grocery store? Not a problem says she.

We go to the grocery store, which is an exercise in concentration for me since I can't walk and talk at the same time. I have enough breath for one or the other and I end up apologizing to Jodie time and time again for my seeming silence *grin*.

We get our groceries and go home, whereupon I have to go take a shower, mostly to see if I can break up some of the gunk in my lungs. While I'm in the shower, Jodie puts away all the groceries, washes up what's in the sink and starts peeling potatoes. I come down all brand new clean and start cutting potatoes, only to have to quit with about 5 left cause I had to go sit down.

I have to tell you folks, if I wasn't in love with the girl before now, I would have been on Saturday. She took over the kitchen, got things cooked, got dishes out, mashed potatoes, cut ham, cooked vegetables, poured drinks, and she wouldn't let me do anything. Every time I poked my nose into the kitchen, it was to have her tell me to go sit down. I did manage to get in there to get the food out to the table. *grin*. She was so sweet and so supportive and just so darling with everything... . I think I'm in love.

The boy's girlfriend is nice, very shy, very quiet but polite. Although I'm sure that she's anorexic. Waaaaaaay too thin for her height. Unhealthily thin.

All in all, though, it was a good little dinner party *grin*

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you're toast, my friend

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home