Thursday, October 27, 2005

Work Whine

Kinda...

I remember a while ago whining about a woman that I work with.

Today I was working away around 2 in the afternoon when an email comes from her to a bunch of us saying, basically, she's been let go, nice working with you, give me a call sometime.

I was, quite frankly, both shocked and not shocked. I was shocked because I figured that, given her years of service, they'd keep her until she quit. I was NOT shocked because of her whining and her unwillingness to learn new things.

In a way, I'm glad because it proves that the company does pay attention to what's going on. In another way, it makes me nervous because if they can let her go, they can let anyone go. I do feel secure in my job at the moment because no one else knows what I do. *grin* I *don't* feel secure because they're supposed to be bringing in a new software tool that will make my job obsolete. Of course, that was supposed to happen 2 years ago, so who knows.

I really wish that I'd won that $54 million lottery last night... *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home